Persuasive speech refers to a particular type of speech in which the speaker has the objective of persuading the audience to accept his or her perspective. The first step is to get an appropriate topic for the speech. It should be in an area that you understand and which your audience can relate to. Consequently, it is important to know the audience before agreeing to present the speech. Furthermore, this will enable the speaker to anticipate objections to his ideas and to address them so that it is a balanced presentation.
The second step involves setting a goal. This is informed by what the speaker wants the audience to do. For example, a politician would want the audience to vote for him or her. The third step is to ensure that the speech is localized. The speaker should use local examples whenever possible. This is because human beings are prone to care if the issue being discussed is something they can relate to. Fourth, the speech should evoke empathy. Moreover, it should be backed by evidence. Therefore, the speaker should ensure that they use credible and relevant sources.
Fifth, the speech should address the other side of the argument. This will not only make it balanced, but will also add value to the speech by enabling the speaker to strike down opposing ideas. Lastly, having gathered all the material required for the speech, the speaker should select the structure of the speech. The structure should be deliberately chosen to ensure it suits the topic, audience and purpose of the speech.
EssayBasics has over 120+ professional essay writers!
Persuasive speeches can be made interesting by the use of rhetorical questions to provoke the audience to think about the ideas being presented. Furthermore, the audience will appreciate an honest presentation of ideas. In addition, the use of a statistics will add weight to the speech. Moreover, the infusion of light humor will entertain the guests.
However, persuasive speech writing presents a number of difficulties. First, the speaker must ensure that they present a balanced argument without undermining their point of view. Second, the audience may be unresponsive to the speech. Third, the speaker has to strike a balance between presenting an insufficient speech and a long one which would bore the audience. Furthermore, the speaker has to ensure that they do not alienate the audience even as they present their genuine perspective on the subject.
The following is a list of possible persuasive writing topics:
- Marijuana should be legalized.
- Television promotes violence in children.
- Meat consumption is harmful to human health.
- The manufacture of cigarettes should be outlawed.
- There should be stronger limits on immigration.
- The American democtratic system is broken.
- Abortion should be legalized.
- The voting age should be reduced to 16 years.
- Traditional books are better than ebooks.
- Whistleblowers who disclose NSA and CIA secrets should not be discriminated.
- Gun ownership should be banned.
- Space tours should be discouraged.
- Every student should be forced to learn how to code.
- American football should be banned in colleges.
- Bloggers should be regulated.
- Hunting should be outlawed to protect indigenous species.
- Sports salaries should be capped.
- Politicians’ pay should be tied to economic growth.
- Patients and their families should have a right to choose eunthanasia.
- Drug addicts should be sent to hospitals rather than prisons.
- The capitalist system is broken.
- The Myers Briggs test is not a valid measurement of personalities.
- The tax system is broken.
- Nuclear power is better than other renewable energy sources.
- The death penalty should be abolished.
- Patents inhibit rather than protect innovation.
- There should be a compulsory youth service for all high school graduates before they join college.
- Elders over the age of 65 should be banned from voting.
- Voting should be made compulsory.
- America should adopt an isolationist policy.
- The sale of video games to children should be prohibited.
- There should be a plan for the internet.
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
- Single parents should be allowed to adopt children.
- Surrogate motherhood should be outlawed.
- Grocery stores should be forced to ensure GMO products are labeled as such.
- Religious organizations should pay taxes.
- The estate tax should be broken.
- Universal health care coverage should be made compulsory for everyone.
- Each Board of Directors should be forced to have 30% female representation.
- The United Nation is an efficient means of solving international crises.
- Developed countries should bear the cost of combating climate change.
- The Fast food industry is accountable for the high obesity rates in society.
- The war on drugs is a failure.
- The war on terrorism is a failure.
- The expenditure on the military should be capped.
- Students should be subject to mandatory drug and pregnancy tests.
- Freedom of speech is more important than the security of the State.
- The Supreme Court is a tool of partisan ideologies rather than an instrument of justice.
- Unpaid internships are slave labor.
Every student knows how hard it is to write a customer paper that will be unique and well graded by the professor. The use of the online academic essay writing services makes the job easier and the student can continue his studies and then build his successful career.
Whatever decision you make, buy your essay or get the essay editing or proofreading services, we want to offer you some tips that will help you to improve your writing:
- It’s better to use a full form of the word in the academic, formal and business type of writings.Avoid There is/There are. When we write we want to write our ideas clearly and concise. We don’t want long sentences, we want them to be to the point. There is/There are – are the words we just don’t need. By getting rid of these constructions your sentences are becoming stronger.Don’t use words such as ‘really, very, a lot, so’. Such words weaken your writing. For example, ‘Many students think studying at the university is very hard.’ Instead of using this phrase it’s better to use ‘ Many students think studying at the university is difficult.’Come up with a stronger word for it.
If you take the sciences courses, it’s okay to use the Passive Voice but don’t use it too much. If you are studying humanities, social science, history, psychology, etc. do not use the Passive Voice. In most university writings guidelines, we use Active Voice because we want strong sentences accents. It gives us more direct, economical approach to making a statement in a sentence.
Two common tenses are: the present tense and the past tense. The most important thing with tense is consistency. If you open your piece of writing in present you are going to carry on that present tense throughout all the way to the end. When we shift tenses it might be very confusing to the reader.. So if you go through your writing to proofread it and you just look for the tense issues, you can make your essay nice and consistent.
We can help with essay!
You can Buy Original Essays here at EssayBasics.com!
The Use of Strong Verbs
Let’s look at the examples below:
- weak verb: He gave assistance to my friend.
- strong verb: He assisted my friend.
- weak verb: made an objection
- strong verb: objected
Anytime you have a verb and a noun. And you look at the noun and it could be its own verb, use it in the verbal form instead. Writing successfully takes practice. It’s very easy to convince ourselves that we are not good at it or it isn’t worth of our time. Just never stop trying, and you will succeed.
Please let us know if you need essay help!
Customized essays are written, based on the customer’s requirements and guidelines. Nobody will advise you how to cope with writing an essay. And you may encounter a real challenge of being stuck not writing a single word of the essay.
If you think that you are a horrible essay writer and you hated doing this during your high school, there are different services who offer academic help with essay writing.
What do these services provide?
The academic writing services offer you to buy customized essays, providing a wide range of writings and proof-reading services that are highly valuable for the students. We say that our academic writing service is the most popular one. We provide a variety of services including writing examples of essays, research papers, coursework papers, dissertations, literature reviews as well as all other types of academic assignments for college and university students. They all have been written by highly trained experts, almost all of them have conceivable qualification such as University Degree like Bachelors and PhDs. Whichever subject you are studying, we can assure you that we will have an expert writer that will deliver your paper before the set deadline. They also provide a full content of editing services. They can improve the essay content or restructure it; the writers can rewrite or remove irrelevant sections of the essay as required to ensure you receive a higher grade. Moreover, some of them can add references to enhance an authority of your work. They can proofread the entire document for spelling, syntax, grammar or punctuation issues and provide feedback on the paper if required.
You can Buy Original Essays here at EssayBasics.com!
Can the Essay Writing companies lie?
While there is a great number of online essay writing companies that are cyber-fraud, but the majority of the essay writing companies are able to do a really good job, helping students worldwide to succeed in their studies. Every client that comes to our company is being asked to participate in the survey because we really wish to know whether the client like our writing services, ensuring the 100% satisfaction. You can always rely on the quality of the essays our writing staff produce.
What is the Price?
The price differs from the amount of page and the type of academic paper as well as deadline of the assignment. It depends on the mark you are willing to get. Almost in all the online services that advertise their essays you can come across the phrase ‘reasonable price’. At the same time, we offer the lowest price, available on the web today.
The primary goal of this website is to provide as much knowledge about guidelines and rules of academic essay writing. This article focuses on providing the basic academic writing guide and persuasive essay example.
Every student can get a task to write a persuasive essay on the topic he chooses on his own. Persuasive essay is a type of the essay that has an aim to convince readers on specific idea. You can write your persuasive essay based on your own opinion.
Below you can find some tips on how to write a persuasive essay:
- Give yourself enough of time for essay writing task. Take enough time to craft the main argument for your essay. Pay as much attention to writing convincing thesis statement in the essay introduction. Rush will only make the situation worse that’s why use time to brainstorm and express your ideas. Do your best to write a good essay in the given period of time.
- Before starting writing, you should come with a solid foundation on which your entire paper will be based.
- Focus on the idea you really believe in. If you choose the topic that doesn’t interest you, it would be quiet hard to write a strong argument. The topic of the persuasive essay should be something you feel passionate about.
- The chosen topic should be complex or deep enough at the same time.
- Consider opposing opinions while you write the main body of your essay. Your topic should be controversial enough to fit persuasive essay perfectly.
Below you can find an example of good persuasive essay. Use it as an example for you to have an idea how to write properly academic paper such as persuasive essay.
Help Graduate Students Avoid Financial Breakdown
Every year thousands of graduates pack their luggage and start a new life full of hopes. Aside from having wonderful and inspiring dreams, students have student loans that they may never have a chance to pay back. In several months many of these graduates start having financial difficulties, and they struggle to understand where their money has gone or been invested. Most of them do not understand that the main problem lies in the absence of proper budget and their inability to write and follow a personal financial plan. The best solution to avoid this problem is to conduct a personal finance class for college and university graduates.
Personal finance course would be a great addition for those who take student loans to cover their educational costs. It will help students plan their finance so that their loans will be totally refunded by the end of their education. It will teach how to manage the debt effectively. They will learn how to reduce the debt and how to save money without having to sacrifice their personal lives. As an example, we can present a statistics which says that an average student carries out a debt of about $20,000 spread to multiple lenders. Upon graduation, students don’t usually know the exact sum of money they owe to the bank and they start their adult life with the huge debt. That is why many students spend a big part of their life paying off their education and student years. Personal finance course will urge students to be cautious and help them avoid this widespread mistake.
For those who decide to work after finishing the high school, personal finance course will provide insight on how to manage the money. The finance course will save graduates from making poor decisions, prevent from accrue credit card debts or making expensive purchases without normal plan of how to pay them back. Finance course will help students to understand all possible consequences of credit card debts and student loan debts, teaching them how to avoid the common financial problems.
Did you Know we can Write your Essay for You?
How Can We Help?
As far as we are concerned, students should take as much as they can during their college and university educational period. It is important to grasp as much knowledge and experience, including writing academic papers properly. We also believe that students are entitled to professional writing support they can rely on. We offer the information on persuasive essay writing, including persuasive essay samples, because we want the student to learn basic rules and guidelines of this particular essay writing style.