20 possible topics for dissertation on psychology
The field of psychology covers many areas like:
- environmental psychology,
- development psychology,
- clinical psychology,
- human psychology,
- forensic psychology,
- psychology and law.
There are many existing theories, principles and assumptions that can form good dissertation topics in psychology, students has a variety of fields to choose from depending on her field of interest.
A psychology dissertation task contributes to the original knowledge, dissertation topics are base on previous, documented research studies to present a better understanding of the topic. Dissertation topics need to interesting topic that attempt to support or confirm the research hypothesis. Coming up with a good dissertation topic can be challenging for students, below is a list of possible dissertation topics on psychology. The first step in searching for a good dissertation topic on psychology is to dedicate some time and research for a topic one is familiar with.
Below are some of psychology dissertation topics:
- Describe the main perspective of James-Lange emotion Theory and how the theory can be applied to minimize anxiety disorders
- How do counselor –client therapeutic relationship present the unequal balance of power during sessions. Discuss of impact of such therapeutic relationship on clients.
- Assessing the impact of curfew among teenagers in addressing premarital sex and juvenile delinquency
- How Vygotsky’s theories on child development are based on his cultural background and how can they be applied to the modern society.
- How conflict over food during childhood can generate problematic attitudes and negative perception about food in adolescence
- Can human mental capabilities be described by the general learning processes based on language learning or through a dedicated learning process
- To what extent can cognitive development act as a alternative process to understand human brain development
- Apart from medication, how can phobia be treated by cognitive therapies or other behavioral techniques or using psycho-therapeutic strategies.
- Can computerized aided behavioral therapy sessions become a better substitute for cognitive behavior therapy conducted by a trained therapist.
- Describe the major changes in cognitive development process and describe one type of learning process that has a lasting impact on children during this process.
- How can the natural factors and the levels of communication affect the relationship between caregivers and children result to successful learning outcomes for children
- How individual perception and levels of understanding social stigma affect stigmatized individual‘s coping strategies.
- Describe the impact of diets and depression and analyze the role of Mediterranean diets and its effects in minimizing risk of depression among teenagers
- Are people with learning difficulties less likely or more likely to experience phobia compared to normal individuals.
- How can Yoga practices and meditation are effectively used to treat behavior-related disorders.
- How can the length of therapy determine the patients treatment outcomes for cognitive behavioral therapy
- What is the impact of social network sites and how does it affect individual self esteem especially among teenagers
- Describe various strategies that can help children with anxiety disorders improve on their learning process
- What is the impact and perception of father figures and the role of masculine authority among children raised by single mothers
- Analyze some contributory factors of autism and social behaviors used to justify this syndrome.