How to Write an Essay on Globalization
As a topic and concept, globalization has had tremendous on how the world runs today. Currently, people use products from manufacturers who are thousands of miles away, and this can be attributed to globalization. As a topic, it has earned its place in economics and business books. It is, therefore, ideal whenever teachers give students essays or test students on globalization. The tests not only help students to become better writers but also helps them understand how the world works. Therefore, it is necessary to include globalization as a topic in class.
How to Start an Essay on Globalization
Good essay writing is indeed challenging. Moreover, students often complain of the difficulty of introducing a topic. Starting an essay can be problematic, and this explains why a majority of students seek help with essay writing. Introductions are indeed the most important part of an essay because they not only reveal a writer’s focus but also determines whether the audience will read the entire article or not. Therefore, writers need to exercise caution and base their article or essay on research and facts.
Here are tips to help you start an essay on globalization:
- Conduct exhaustive research on the topic under study.
- Prepare an outline with all the points and arguments you wish to include in your essay.
- If definitions are necessary, include them at the beginning of the essay. For example, provide the definition of globalization. While there is no problem in providing the dictionary definition, it is advisable to provide yours.
- Narrow the scope of your topic or article. Avoid being general and providing vague information within your article.
- Formulate a clear and appropriate thesis statement before you begin the essay. This will help you come up with the other supporting arguments.
- Make the introduction of your essay brief and to the point. Do not include a lot of information within your introduction but provide enough information to keep your audience interested.
While it can be a challenge finding a decent starting point, it is not impossible. By following the above, writers can find or establish a suitable starting point.
How to Write Body Paragraphs for an Essay on Globalization
In the body section, writers are expected to include supporting arguments. These arguments build on the main argument or the thesis statement. Therefore, they should enrich or improve on what the writer chose or developed as their primary argument. In the body section, being detailed is highly advisable, and therefore, writers are encouraged to make their papers comprehensive. The purpose of research or the bulk of research work often helps to write or develop this section.
Here are tips to help you write an essay on globalization:
- Use topic sentences. Each paragraph should highlight a specific point.
- Be detailed and provide examples in your essay.
How to Conclude an Essay on Globalization
As an introduction, writing a conclusion can also be a challenge. Every conclusion should have or leave a lasting impression on the audience.
Writers should, therefore, consider the following tips to guide them in writing a conclusion for an essay on globalization:
- Restate the thesis statement or main argument.
- Provide a summary of the main arguments you provided in the body section.
- Emphasize the main idea or the specific thing or issue you need your audience to remember after reading your essay.
Outlines are important because they make a writer’s work easier. Essay writing can be a daunting task, but writers often make it simple by creating an outline before they begin the writing process.
Below is a sample of an outline of an essay on globalization:
Describe the social as well as cultural indicators or manifestations of globalization
- Definition of globalization.
- Brief background information on the topic.
- Thesis statement. For example, Globalization has indeed been at the forefront of social and cultural change. The world has seen significant shifts in how people communicate and pass information, the internationalization of some services, as well as the dramatic impact in popular culture.
- Expound on the shifts in communication mechanisms.
- Internationalization of services.
- The borrowing as well as spread of popular culture.
- Restate the thesis statement.
- Summarize the essay’s main points.
- Highlight the importance or the impact of globalization on the social and cultural platforms of society.